The Ontario Association of College and University Security Administrators strives to promote a safe and secure learning and working environment and to enhance the safety of persons and security of property at Ontario Colleges and Universities. The Association will provide a forum for communication, cooperation and information exchange on all matters related to community safety and security on member campuses.
Goals & Objectives
To support the Association’s mission by:
- providing a forum to discuss common interests and concerns;
- proactively promoting community awareness and involvement in making our campuses safe and secure;
- establishing and maintaining formal mechanisms for on-going sharing of information regarding policies, procedures and reports;
- developing and maintaining a common format for the standard reporting of occurrence statistics;
- reviewing legislation and regulatory developments which affect personal safety and security operations on campus;
- providing advice and information to appropriate organizations on safety and security matters of mutual concern; and
- initiating appropriate activities, such as research, reports, position statements, professional development,
establish/develop industry standards and best practices, and other programs related to campus safety and security.